Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Hey Holly! A Message from your Department Head

As I sit at my office desk today before leaving for the Thanksgiving holiday I realized the many things that I have to be grateful for at the conclusion of this semester. 

As the Interior Design Program marked its 45th anniversary this year I am grateful for those Department Heads and Instructors who laid the ground work for the success of our Interior Design program.  It was wonderful seeing some of the them at our anniversary celebration last month and thanking them for their initiative and contribution to RCC.   I feel honored to be but a part of this program's history and hope to see 45 more years of promise from the program and our students.

 Many people are not as fortunate as I to get to work in a creative environment where I can share gifts and knowledge with others.  Its my students that keep me motivated and challenge me to grow more, give more,and try to do my best everyday.  My greatest success is seeing my students and grads succeed.  I am happy to report that one hundred percent of our 2012 graduates have been placed in employment since May.

I have a great faculty who each bring their own unique talents and understanding of design into the classroom.  Our instructors give sacrificially many hours of time and talent beyond the required to see that our students and their education are first.

Above all I am thankful for the next four days off from work, and I know that you are too!  Wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment: